Good morning, Archway Lincoln families! Be sure to mark your calendar for Tuesday, November 29th at 7 p.m. to hear Great Hearts Network Director of College Counseling Dee-Dee Sanders and Certified Financial Planner Monica Felton talk about college admissions and how to make college affordable.
Ms. Sanders will discuss:
- The Prep school curriculum and how it is attractive for college admissions
- College admission success at Great Hearts (based on data from the class of 2016)
- A bit on standardized testing and how we help students prepare and be successful
- How a prep school experience at Great Hearts helps make applicants marketable for college admissions
Ms. Felton will share info on:
- The total cost of college (it’s not just tuition!)
- What will college cost you?
- Understand the formulas used to determine how much you are expected to pay for college and how much need you can receive
- New changes to FAFSA and CSS/Profile
- You must start planning sooner based on the new Prior – Prior rules
- College planning is financial planning
- Undersatnd the impact of college planning on your retirement. How is your retirement?
- Efficient strategies to pay for college
- Use retirement dollars to pay for college and college dollars to pay for retirement
- Understand compound interest and the impact on college and your retirement
It is sure to be a great presentation with lots of valuable information! Ms. Felton will also offer a special incentive to guests.
Learn more about the event and Ms. Felton on our Parent Positive Series page. We’ll see you on the 29th!