Good morning, Archway Lincoln families. We hope you are enjoying your summer! Those of us on PSO have taken the last few weeks off, but we’re getting back to work to make sure our second school year starts off right.
There are many announcements in this update, so please read all the way through. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email Archway Lincoln PSO.
Summertime Family Fun Night Friday, July 29th
We invite all new and existing families to join us for a before-school Family Fun Night at Peter Piper Pizza at the corner of Alma School and Queen Creek on Friday, July 29th from 5-9 p.m. We will have contests, prizes, and a great chance to meet PSO leaders and other families, as well as give your kids a chance to make new friends before the school year even starts!
We will also be selling used uniforms at this event. More info about that is below.
Remember, Family Fun Nights serve two purposes: allowing families to get together, which helps build our Lincoln community, and raising money for PSO so we can provide valuable support in the form of training, materials, and resources to the teachers, staff, and students at Archway Lincoln.
Backpack Orders Due by July 1st
PSO is proud to offer Lincoln Lightning monogrammed backpacks for the 2016-17 school year. You can check out and order the backpacks (and other great items) at our shopping site here.
In order to guarantee delivery to your child’s classroom by Meet the Teacher, all monogrammed backpacks MUST be ordered before July 1st. You can order backpacks after that, but we cannot guarantee delivery before school starts (this does not apply to non-monogrammed items).
Don’t forget we also have other spirit items available for sale, including lanyards (great for new parents who wish to volunteer), mugs, double-walled tumblers, and more.
We plan to offer a variety of shirts, sweatshirts, and other items soon.
PSO Volunteers Needed for Leadership and Committees
PSO is still looking for individuals to head up various committees or take on leadership roles. The following areas are where we need help most:
- PSO Leadership — We are in search of a Vice President to assist the President with various tasks, including meeting with administration and committee leads, providing information/guidance to incoming families, helping to ensure the financial stability of PSO, provide backup to other committees when needed, and attend school functions as a representative of PSO. As a perk, Dishes2U has graciously offered to waive all registration fees for the 2016-17 lunch program. If you’re interested, please email Jeannine Covington.
- Lunch Program Volunteer Coordinator — Two lovely ladies have volunteered to take on the snack bar and lunch ordering, but we are still looking for someone to manage lunchroom volunteers. Responsibilities include training new volunteers, creating a monthly sign-up, and being available as a back-up when necessary. For the person who signs up for this, Dishes2U, our lunch vendor, has graciously offered to waive all registration fees for the 2016-17 lunch program. Contact Jeannine Covington if you’re interested.
In addition to these specific roles, we are always looking for parent volunteers on any of our committees, whether you want to co-lead or just provide occasional assistance. For information on what’s available, please see our Volunteer Page.
Help Needed to Start Off the 2016-17 School Year
We will need parent volunteers to help us prepare for the 2016-17 school year. This will include assembling new shelves for the library and a new cart that stores rolls of colored butcher paper, sorting and organizing Singapore Math workbooks, literature workbooks, and agendas for the different classes, and more.
Most of the work will happen between July 18th – August 1st, so stay tuned for sign-ups to come out mid-July.
We won’t need the same level of work required to get the school ready as we did last year, but it’s of great help to teachers and staff to take care of less specialized tasks so they can prepare their classrooms.
Back-to-School Ice Skating Event Plus Other Planned Activities for Next Year
Believe it or not, the Events Committee has already planned several events for next year, including our back-to-school Ice Skating event at AZ Ice in Gilbert on Saturday, August 13th from 4-6 p.m. More details will come regarding that, but in the meantime, check out the following fun activities we have in store:
- September – A service event to support a local charity
- October – 2nd Annual Read-a-Thon and Dress as Your Favorite Literary Character
- November – Movie Night
- January – Back-from-Break Family Fun Night
- February – 2nd Annual Daddy-Daughter Dance
- March – 2nd Annual Mother-Son Event
- April – A service event to support a local charity
- May – End-of-Year Pool Party at a local pool
We hope you’ll join us for these fun and exciting activities!
Used Uniforms for Sale
We have collected quite a few used uniforms for both boys and girls and are in the process of cleaning and repairing them.
We will offer them for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis at our Family Fun Night at Peter Piper Pizza on Friday, July 29th. If there are uniforms left over, we’ll have them available at Meet-the-Teacher on Tuesday, August 2nd.
You can purchase used uniforms at the following price points (cash, check, or credit):
- Shirts – $10
- Shorts/Skorts/Pants – $5
- Sweaters/Vests/Fleeces – $12
If you are handy with a needle (or heat-applied hemming tape) and would like to help us prepare the uniforms for sale, please email Archway Lincoln PSO.